Agrology’s Success Stories demonstrate the ability of Agrology’s Specialty Plant Nutrition Products to make a difference even from the very first application!
Our aim is to show that Agrology’s Nutrition Programs are a profitable investment for the farmer as their economic benefits far outstrip the cost of the complementary applications!
One such Success Story was carried out in cherries (SS 2018_18_GR) in 2018, in collaboration with Mr. Kotsidis Efstratios. Mr. Kotsidis is an agrodealer and part of our NutriMaster® network in Greece. Throughout the whole process, the farmer benefited from the continuous guidance and support offered by both Agrology’s Technical Department and Mr. Kotsidis.
Initially the crop area was divided into two equal plots, that consisted the 2 treatments of the Success Story. One was used as the Control plot, while Agrology’s Program was used in the second. In both treatments, the farmer made use of same plant protection and plant nutrition – fertilization program. Agrology’s Specialized and Innovative Nutrition and Fertilization Products application was complementary in the trial plot.
Success Story Goals
The Program included the implementation of Specialized and Innovative Plant Nutrition Products, such as Gravital® Force, Inca Ultra, Suprafix® PhosCa & XGel® Amber. It is important to mention the importance of application timing that allowed producer to maximize the agronomic benefits.
The objectives of this Success Story were as follows:
- Primary Goal:
Increase of Cherry Flesh Firmness
- Secondary Goal:
Increase of Fruit weight
General Info of the Success Story
- Crop Period: 2018
- Location: Policarpi Arideas, Pella
- NutriMaster® : Kotsidis Efstratios
- Owner of the Estate: Pischitzis Georgios
- Crop: Cherries
- Variety: Tsolakeika
- Area of the Success Story: 30 ha
- Irrigation System: Drip
- Plant Protection Program: Common to the whole crop
Special Nutrition Program
In an existing Plant Nutrition program, the farmer applied 4 foliar complementary interventions with the Agrology’s specialized products. Agrology’s Technical Department selected and placed the products at the appropriate growth stages, based on the targets set.
- Gravital® Force SC (2 Lt/ 100 lt): Agrology’s innovative Active Silicates Serie revolutionizes in Specialty Plant Nutrition. Gravital® Force SC has greatly helped to strengthen cell walls. Its unique composition, based on the synergistic action of silicon and calcium, contributes to increase the flesh strength of the fruit to the mechanical pressure. Moreover, it contributes to the overall yield of the plant. It was applied to the fruit set.
- XGel® Amber (300 cc / 100 lt): The innovative XGel fertilizers focus on foliar use in demanding crops, for instance fruits and vegetables. They incorporate the innovative and exclusive E2DA® and S3® technologies developed by the Agrology Research & Development Department. In other, words, XGel® Amber is a calcium-rich, superconcentrated fertilizer in the form of Gel. As a result, it suits for strengthening the cell walls. Applied to the color change.
- InCa Ultra (100 cc / 100 lt): A Plant Nutrition product, nitrogen and calcium enriched. Ideal for improving the hardness of the fruit and reducing the tearing of the epidermis. In addition, InCa Ultra incorporate the CaT technology, which promotes the absorption and movement of nutrients. Applied 12 days before harvest.
- Suprafix® Phosca (500 cc / 100 lt): A phosphorus and calcium formula designed to increase the size of the fruit and improve its coloring. In addition, it incorporates the E2DA® technology that promotes the absorption and movement of nutrients. Applied 10 days before harvest.
Besides the above supplementary applications, the farmer applied the same Fertilization/ Nutrition and Plant protection program, in both treatments (Control + Agrology Program) throughout the growing season.
Success Story Results
Measurements on both plots revealed impressive results in the Agrology treatment. Specifically, the results were as follows:
- Increase in Cherry Flesh Firmness
Cherry Flesh Consistency (Shore Scale Units). With the implementation of the Agrology Program, the farmer received an increase in fruit firmness of 54.9% compared to the Control.
- Fruit Weight Increase
The fruit weight increased on an average of 1.2 g / wt, or 16% increase.
Learn more about Agrology Specialty Nutrition Programs from our specialized staff Here.
This trial was carried out under specific field conditions and should not be replicated without the guidance of an agronomist or the Technical Department of Agrology. In all cases, Agrology products and programs must be applied in accordance with the label.